What is Diamond Microdermabrasion?
Physicians and aestheticians in Europe were among the first to recognise the therapeutic rejuvenating advantages of Diamond Microdermabrasion (MDA). They were looking for an alternative to the old fashioned technique of dermabrasion, which was performed by employing a rotating wire brush or diamond wheel to plane down or sand the skin's irregular area.
MDA is a quick, painless and non-surgical approach to skin rejuvenation - a simple and effective form of exfoliation. It’s considered a mechanical or physical exfoliation, using diamond tips to remove the outer layer of dead or damaged skin cells, revealing a more youthful skin.
MDA is a non-invasive treatment, designed to improve the overall texture, tone and clarity of the skin, whilst restoring the skin’s elasticity.
What are the Key Benefits of Diamond Microdermabrasion?
- Encourages cell renewal
- Encourages the production of collagen
- No down-time/recovery time following treatment
- Can safely treat all skin colours and skin types
- Immediate visible results
- Helps treat early signs of ageing
- Rejuvenation of aged skin
- Vacuum action improves elasticity and muscle tone of skin
- Enhances penetration of products post treatment
- Comfortable and painless
- Smoother skin
- Can treat delicate areas surrounding the nose, eyes and mouth
What Conditions Can be Treated Using Diamond Microdermabrasion?
- Acne and Acne Scarring
- Cellulite / orange peel effect
- Dry and dehydrated skin / uneven skin tone
- Dull skin
- Enlarged pores
- Excessive oiliness
- Fine lines and wrinkles / ageing skin
- Hyperpigmentation / melasma
- Stretch marks / pigmentation / blemishes
- Sun damaged skin
- Superficial age spots